Known as “The Garden City of India”, Bangalore has numerous number of Gardens, Parks and Lakes in every part of the city. Thousands and trees across entire Bangalore makes the city maintain a pleasant weather through out the year. With this type of pleasant weather a tourist can visit Bangalore on any day in a calendar.
Bangalore is also known as Pensioner’s Paradise just because of the pleasant weather in all seasons.
Besides famous gardens, Bangalore has hundreds of medium and small parks in every area of the city. Though to accommodate increased population and traffic needs thousands of trees fell down for the expansion of the roads, Karnataka government is taking proper actions by planting new trees and developing parks to keep the city Green.
Famous Bangalore Parks and Lakes
- Lal Bagh – Spread across 240 acres, famous for annual flower show and features more than a thousand flowers and trees.
- Cubbon Park – Biggest garden of Bangalore spread across 300 acres
- Bannerghatta National Park – Bangalore’s Zoological National Park
- Butterfly Park – Part of Bannerghatta’s National Park spread over 7.5 acres for butterfly conservatory and museum
- Ulsoor Lake – Sightseeing and boating lake located near to MG road